Friday, July 17, 2015

What's Gonna Work?...... Teamwork!

              The ability to work with other people seems to be an important skill in any profession but it seems that in extension teamwork and collaboration are a necessity. I think the Marion County agents are very skilled in their ability to collaborate on projects and help each other out with different programs. The Ag agent has helped with different 4-H programs that involved livestock or horticulture. The FCS agent has worked some with the 4-H agent. All three areas will go to the elementary schools for each other’s programs. This week the Extension office hosted a culinary class as part of an Arts and Humanities camp. All three program areas worked to put it on. The FCS agent and EFNEP assistant did most pf the cooking with the kids but the 4-H assistant also helped. The Ag agent taught the group about the Farmers Market and helped with some of the cooking. This week has really shown me the importance of being able to work with not just other people but across program areas.
                Another thing I have been exposed to this week that reinforces the importance of collaboration is the amount of community partnerships that are needed to do a program like the Arts and Humanities camp. IT took the collaboration of the Marion County Arts Council, The Marion County Public Schools, and Extension. The Arts camp is just one of several programs the Extension is involved in that is calibration between community partners. I have definitely been exposed to the importance of working with different community groups.

                Like I said this week I worked with Arts and Humanities camp, I also did the weekly radio show with the agents, over the weekend I went to Lexington to judge at the 4-H State Communication Day, and next week I am going to do some programs with a few school groups, as well as my Intern project. I have really learned a lot from this internship and its saddening to look at my calendar and see that I have only two weeks left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment