Monday, July 6, 2015

It's All Downhill From Here

Now that we have hit July, I am only two weeks from being totally finished as a 2015 Summer Extension Intern. It has been a crazy six weeks, and I anticipate the last two will be just as full of new experiences and lessons. I've learned a lot of the back ropes of the extension office, and it still blows my mind to all that goes on in this place.

Last weekend was our 4-H fair, so I went out to help with that. It was really neat to see it all come together; from setting-up, helping to judge, to actually watching the families come out and see how they did. I'll have to make a note to stop by Cloverville at the State Fair and look at how all the great entries we had did. This week I am going to go help at the 4-H State Horse Show, more to come on that in the next blog post. I grew up riding, so I'm really excited to go and help out around my favorite animals. Besides Hayley and our Agriculture agent, I work with the 4-H agents the most, but there's still time to go out with a few other agents. I'm certainly getting a well rounded extension experience.

I've also been a busy bee in the office. I've been working on my special project (and slowly running out of time), and some other little projects. The past few weeks have mostly been me wanting to throw my computer at a wall (kidding...sort of). I made a logo for our foundation, I began to put together a video, and as always there have been plenty of meetings to attend. Now, I just have to start that video and maybe I'll feel a little bit more caught up. Judging from the way time has passed this summer these two weeks are going to fly by and before you know it we'll be at round-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment