Thursday, July 9, 2015

Weeks Six, Seven, and Eight!

 


Hi Everyone!

The sixth week of my internship was mostly spent helping to teach nutrition classes with two of our Snap-Ed employees at Letcher County Extension Office. For the week we traveled to schools, senior citizen homes, and even the local public pool to teach different age groups about nutrition and healthy living.


Most of the seventh week was spent planning for my specific project, which will be held on July 13th. I am going to be teaching a portion of the 4-H Cooking Day Camp held in Letcher County. There will be children ranging in age from 8-18 years. The lesson that I will be going over with the campers will be "Eat A Rainbow" the lesson will teach the children the importance of eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables each day in order for your body to work the way it should and for you to grow healthy and strong. For this camp day we will also be doing ice breakers to get to know each other, making rainbow fruit and vegetable kabobs, and determining the best ways to eat a rainbow each day.

The eighth week began by driving to Louisville, KY to help out with running the 4-H Horse Show. I had never been to a horse show before this week and I must say I had an amazing time. The horses were so beautiful and trained so well. The children took pride in their animals and it was a great experience to see such a strong relationship put on display. While at the competition, I was asked to help keep score for the High Point Award for the evening. I was happy to take on the task and was very careful to make sure everything went smoothly. The scoring got stressful at times, but I was happy to help where I was needed. To finish out this

No comments:

Post a Comment