Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cloverbud Camp, Day Camp, and Floral Hall!

WOW! The past few weeks have been busyyyyyy! Jully 10-12 we had Cloverbud Camp at North Central, where myself and Aubrey Clark, the Jessamine County Intern taught foods class.  But not just any normal foods class, but teaching the campers how to make ice cream from a tin can!  It wasn't so bad teaching because of the amount of ice cream I consumed that weekend. :)





AFTER Cloverbud Camp, it was time to start Day Camp.  Mercer County has a 2-day day camp at their office each summer.  Their 4-H program assistant usually does this but we no longer have a 4-H program assistant, sooooooo this is what I decided to do as my project this summer! I had already been planning,  I had my schedule and volunteers all lined up and ready to go. Day Camp was a Tuesday and Wednesday this year.  The theme I had chosen was 4-H Day Camp: The Movie!  I had found a craft on pinterest that creating your own Hollywood Walk of Fame star.  I modified it a tad and that was their craft! I had also made the decision to take the kids to the movie theater in Danville since it was only less than 10 miles away from our office.  We went to watch MINIONS and the kids loved it! To go along with the Minions, the kids decorated cupcakes that had Minion Twinkies on them that they got to create.  We also had tye-dye, stamping, cookie decorating, foods class, camp dancing AND I even got to bust out my archery teaching for a class!  I think all in all, my Day Camp was a success and all the kids enjoyed it.  I had FABULOUS volunteers and it wouldn't have been successful without them! :)

 


 
 














Our county fair started this week and so we spent last Thursday and yesterday setting up Floral Hall.  This year was a learning experience for Mercer County because of they are not using a brand new building for their Floral Hall.  And from what I've heard about the old building, it was something similar to that you find in a horror movie. :/  The amount of entries we had was outrageous! But I love how involved everyone in this county is with their Fair entries!  We have plenty of shows this week that me and Dana will be attending, but I'm super excited for the fair! 


No comments:

Post a Comment