Thursday, July 9, 2015

County Fair Time

Its county fair week! I have had the opportunity to be a part of so many exciting events this week. I started off the week passing out ribbons for the dairy show. The Ag agent walked me through what the judges looked for when deciding the blue ribbon winner. The majority of my time has been spent in floral hall. We took entries on Tuesday afternoon and also Wednesday morning before judging. It was so much fun to see all of the neat things people from the county and surrounding counties had brought in to be judged. My favorite area was the produce and the foods. During the judging, I helped in the foods and was one of the tasters. This has been my favorite experience so far in my internship. I loved interacting with the homemakers and other county volunteers. While working floral hall, I have been able to see all the talent the county truly has. I love that. Tonight I am working with the 4-H agent and their Cow Patty Bingo Booth. I can't wait to see the crowd it brings. I have loved the fair so far and ready to see what the rest of the week holds!

Karli Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment