Monday, July 18, 2016

The Community Art Project: A Conclusion

As summer is drawing to a close, the youth met their deadline for their projects.   I started to receive completed wooden boards from the Visual Arts Club.  The youth had a variety of ways to decorate the boards using assorted media including paints, markers, color pencils, mod podge, assorted papers, and a great deal of imagination. As I received boards, I started putting them in the frames with the frame background that made the completed project say the name of the business supports Grant County 4-H and the student artist name.  I had 100 percent participation so all twenty businesses received a project to display.  On July 15, 2016, the projects were delivered to the local businesses. The youth were very proud of their creations and the business owners were thrilled to receive creative projects made specifically for their businesses.



The Community Art Project involved collaboration between 4-H members, volunteers, staff. and local business owners.  It allowed the youth to get to know our business leaders, how they are involved in the community and what their businesses offer Grant County.  The businesses were able to get to know our 4-H youth and experience their creativity.  This opened a door to allow them to know and possibly mentor our county's youth.

My key achievement was being able to combine creativity and community involvement. It is an undertaking to combine eleven youth and twenty businesses to accomplish one task. Organization and scheduling skills were necessary. This project gave me the opportunity to improve collaboration skills and work with a variety of people to meet a common goal.

This summer I have had many new and fun experiences. I had the privilege to work with many wonderful staff members and volunteers and I was able to meet many amazing youth form my home county. I would especially like to thank Lamar Fowler, Carrie Coleman, and Emily Baker for their assistance and support for this project.


Thank you for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment