Monday, July 25, 2016

Final Weeks

As this experience comes to an end, for a second time for me, I can only recall all of the amazing memories I have made and think forward to the final memories to come. I have had many firsts while completing these internships, from venturing into caves and canoeing to carrying through a program from beginning to end and holding an opossum. This internship has given me the opportunity to take a leadership role within a professional working environment, collaborate with fellow professionals in the field i am interested in, and to gain experience as an extension agent that will follow me while I
pursue a career in extension.


My favorite part of this internship is the ability to experience those new activities while also gaining a better understanding of how to make connections and deliver programs to a community. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to build relationships with citizens in my community and learn about their needs and wants. Planning, implementing, and evaluating a program, while also being in charge, was something I had not previously had the opportunity to do, and am so thankful that I gained that experience this summer.

When this summer ends and I am no longer an intern for
the Letcher County Extension Office, I hope that all of the experiences that I gained can be utilized and developed in my career to follow. I hope that the people that I work with after this are as amazing as the employees in Letcher County. I hope that the people within the community that I work in reflect the amazing attributes of the citizens of Letcher County, which include hard working, respectful, open, and rich with culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment