Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Light a Fire

Last week I had the opportunity to attend North Central 4H Camp with a very spirited bunch of young ladies and many others. Now, back in the office after a much needed long weekend I have had time to reflect on my experience. Upon accepting a position with the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Services I knew I would be in for a whirl wind of a summer filled with activities of all varieties.
I was thoroughly thrilled to hear we would be returning to a place where I stepped out of my comfort zone, challenged myself, and made lasting friendships. Attending camp this summer relit a spark in me reminding me why I choose to live a lifestyle of serving and teaching others. I couldn't be more thankful for the sense of community and welcoming I have received from my co-workers, peers, 4H parents, and students.
After being away at college for 3 years I am most thankful that I chose an industry that brought me back home. This youthful group has inspired and energized my spirit to continue pursuing my education and further more, a career in agriculture. I hope this week had as strong of an influence on my campers' lives as it did mine igniting a fire of passion for action that can not be dimmed. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment