Saturday, July 23, 2016

Hold the Passion...

When I first began my internship I was relieved to know that I would be spending the summer doing something I absolutely loved. Kentucky 4-H and the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension have always been near and dear to my heart and I feared that as I grew older I would lose the passion I have for educating and promoting positive development in the future generation. As I finished up my officer year, I was excited to be able to channel all the energy I had been focusing on bettering Kentucky 4-H to bettering myself, preparing to serve the organization in a different way, as a Cooperative Extension Agent.
Working in the Muhlenberg County Extension Office this summer has been an absolute blessing. I gained a big sister in Mackenzie, the 4-H agent, and I know that if there is absolutely anything that I need in the upcoming years that she will be right beside me through this entire journey. Planning my project has been an absolute blast as well! I have always really loved planning large scale events, so when planning this one in particular I was more than ready for all the little details that come with it. Having a Cloverbud Day Camp is a pretty large endeavor and I didn't realize that until we were far into it, but I'm not afraid of some hard work.
 Although my internship is still about a month away from ending, I'm holding the passion that I came in to this with. My main goal in anything I put my heart into, is to finish strong and this will be no different. I have met all kinds of new, amazing people in this program that I look forward to hopefully having as co-workers. This summer may be ending, but my future with Extension is just beginning. I truly believe that this summer gave me an insight into my future, and I must say I'm beyond excited to see where this journey takes me!


No comments:

Post a Comment