Friday, July 15, 2016

Coming to an End


This past summer has been one of the most enjoyable summers of my life, I was able to do all kinds of this I thought I would never do, like going to all the livestock shows and getting to help work them. I also got to learn a lot through the processes winch I believe will help me in future endeavors. Yesterday I was able to put on my program, which was  K-9 first aid, I had about 12 people come and through my post-evaluation I found that most everyone learned something and enjoyed that class, which I was thrilled about. Although the summer may almost be over there is still a lot going on at the Shelby County extension office. next week we will be going to an out of state fair with some of our 4-Hers, we will be helping judge Spencer County's fair, we will also be doing food-A -Rama and teaching kids how to make edible arrangements, and helping with Shelby County shooting Sports competition on Saturday. The next week we have Kids in the kitchen where throughout the day we will have 80 kids come through and learn how to prepare a set of meals. On my last week we will be going to the master home maker’s farm tour, and the elementary schools back to school bash. It is always non-stop in extension, you never know what exiting thing you will be doing next and I will miss that greatly when my internship is over. I'm so thankful for the wonderful opportunity to work with some amazing people, and that I was able to make some lasting friendships. Through this experience I have found that Kentucky Cooperative Extension is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment