Monday, July 18, 2016

Say yes to new adventures


The end is near but the rush has only begun! Camps, camps, camps oh my! Summer ’16 thus far has been filled to the brim with youth developmental camps; weather it be Camp Feltner, 4-H Science Camp, or my Youth Summit. The list is continuing to grow throughout this week leading into Rowan County City Park day camp which we are eager for as well.

Feltner was mostly sunny and humid, with a one hundred percent chance of fun in the rain. The campers enjoyed their week outside as well as the impromptu movie night and talent show. Rowan County 4-H Science Camp was another highlight of the summer, with guests from Menifee County Extension presenting an agriculture and biotechnology based lesson centered on connecting the dots of agriculture to you. As well as a field trip to Morehead State Universities very own Space Science Center to make jiggy bots, tour and laser show.

Each and every day of trials and tribulations have been priceless adventure for me.  Learning the tricks to the trade from entertaining campers down to planning exciting events have been by far a learning experience for me.  I hope these next few weeks my cup will run over with new adventures and knowledge.


And then I realized adventures are the best way to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment