Monday, June 22, 2015

Woodford County Highlights!

Hey y'all!
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. I know I am over here in Woodford County. Although I did not start until the first week of June, I have definitely made up for lost time the past few weeks. One of my main highlights thus far would have to be 4-H Teen Conference. Though I'm not technically a 4-H Intern, I joined our agent Ryan Farley and three teens for a week of learning, laughing, and dancing (lots of dancing). I did not participate in many 4-H activities growing up, so conference was a slight culture shock for me (in the best way). From the daily tracks to motivational speakers, dances, and just hanging out- I loved getting to know the 4-H'rs and learning along the way. Ryan keeps joking that he is going to "convert me" to the 4-H crew. We shall see!

Other than Teen Conference, I have spent most of my time planning FCS programs with Elizabeth Creed and working with our Be A Loser weight loss program. Every one of the participants  reported  they felt better about their journey to better health as a result of their commitment to our Be A Loser program. How exciting!

I hope everyone is enjoying their time as an intern and doing good for their community!
-Halle Graham 

No comments:

Post a Comment