Thursday, June 11, 2015

Adair County Cooperative Extension: Week Three and Four

Week Three:
Programs, programs, programs! This week we were booked with programs. We started the week out with Rural Eating and Cooking Healthy, REACH. This program provides skills on how to grocery shop, prepare and cook foods properly, and store food for leftovers. During this class, we made Healthy Joes and the participants seemed to really enjoy this recipe. Our second program for this week was making smoothies at the Adult Daycare. The individuals loved our company and even had suggestions for our recipe, such as adding some table sugar instead of using honey. :) I really enjoyed the time I spent with this group.  I also worked on the planning for our upcoming class called Crafts and Apps. During this class, participants will make craft and appetizer and we usually try to have a certain theme. In doing this, I decided on a theme and made a flyer to broadcast the class. I was also interviewed by the local newspaper this week. It was fun being able to discuss with her all of the great things I had done with extension so far and I really hope that my article in the newspaper gives the community more insight on all of the great opportunities offered by the extension office. Later in the week, I attended a 4-H camp meeting and reviewed all of my responsibilities I had as an adult leader. To end this week I attended a trip with the Happy Homemakers Club. We went to Derby Dinner Playhouse and we had a great time!

Week Four:
4-H CAMP! I was the adult leader of 24 amazing girls. I loved hearing all of their little stories and braiding their hair. It was a great week! The Saturday after 4-H Camp, Kelli and I worked at the Farmer's Market, where we made complimentary parfaits. We wanted to do parfaits because June is Dairy Month and also because they could buy the berries that we were using from some of the vendors. This was a tiring but GREAT week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment