Friday, June 12, 2015

Never a Dull Moment!

The last two weeks have been chaotic at the Marion County Extension Office. Marion County went to 4-H camp on June 1st with two girl’s cabins and one boy’s cabin. We made it to Lake Cumberland 4-H Camp without any problems, it was a little rainy and cold but the campers had a great time. From what I have heard camp was great and everyone had fun. I, fortunately…or unfortunately, was the only one who had to make a trip to the emergency room. Apparently I was not meant to “Sally Down the Ally” because I wound up with a sprained knee and had to leave camp early. Thankfully I was able to come back to work and help with camper pick up.

            This week was Teen Conference at UK. Four girls from Marion County went and had a blast. They took several different classes including wreath making, yoga, a driving safety class, and some classes to help prepare them for college. They returned yesterday afternoon completely worn out, but with no trips to the E.R. Since Camp and conference are over I thought today would be just another boarding day at the office, I should have known better, it’s an extension Office, so what do I find when I come in this morning……. the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches had babies!!
 So like I said the last two weeks have been a bit crazy between 4-H Camp, Teen Conference, the baby cockroaches, and my sprained knee. The next few weeks will be packed with different project days, and the fair prep, along with who knows what else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment