Friday, June 12, 2015

Barren County Cooperative Extension: 4-H Camp



Western Kentucky 4-H Camp

Week three of my intern consisted of over 400 kids, 6 counties, 1 camp, and an endless amount of goals. Barren County took 42 campers to camp in Dawson Springs. I myself go way back with 4-H camp. I have been going since I was nine years old as a camper, CIT, Teen leader, adult volunteer, and now as a county agent. This past week marked my 12 year of going to West Kentucky 4-H Camp. Getting the opportunity to be on the other side of the fence opened my eyes to many things. Last week at 4-H camp the campers taught me to have patience, and to always be positive no matter what. We are there for them and we become there mentor for the week. As a leaders being positive should always be a number one priority. I learned quickly that when I kept a positive attitude, the campers had one as well. I enjoyed going to camp and, know for a fact that one week at 4-H Camp can have a great impact on the youth, and are helping us mold future leaders. 

Barren County Camper pictured above


I love my home county..... HART
 


Molley Squared



 Flag Service pictured above








Mega Relay: Green Stripe Team pictured to the right. Barren County Girls Cabin.








I taught swimming class all week. There is no better feeling than helping a camper learn how to swim for the first time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment