Thursday, June 25, 2015

Busy Intern!

I can't believe it's been over three weeks since I've posted, but I guess that's what happens when you're a busy extension intern! The past few weeks I've been able to participate in so many amazing programs, events, and celebrations. It's an exciting time at the office for a number of reasons. Most recently, our 4-H agent has retired. Not only is the process of selecting a new agent in place, but the others agents must carry the 4-H workload until someone is hired. Consequently, the Ag agent and I attended 4-H camp in place of our retired counterpart. What an interesting, fun, and exhausting experience. All I can say is that I wish I had as much energy as the kids. Regarding the Family Consumer Science area, I have been busy doing demonstrations at the Meade County Farmers' Market, attending homemaker events, and working on my upcoming plant-based nutrition class. Stay tuned for more updates on the Meade County Extension Office!

No comments:

Post a Comment