Tuesday, May 28, 2013

We hit the ground running!

Things were busy in Garrard County during my first week of interning! My supervising agent put me in charge of planning our summer day camps that we would complete before our county fair. I looked at our county fair and state fair entry rules and went from there. I created days where we will build birdhouses, plant flowers and vegetables, do a craft, scrapbooking, photography, needleworking and cooking.
Now that all my day camps were planned I needed to create a newsletter so that the kids would know what what we had planned this summer. After I made my newsletter I distributed that to all the kids in the our schools.

On my first night of interning I led the cloverbud club lesson and activites because the club leader could not be there. I chose a lesson on seeds. So that night we talked about what seeds needed to grow, planted our own seeds, sang a song, and had a snack. I really enjoyed working with the little kids.

Throughout the week I went on many farm calls with the Ag agent who is also acting 4H agent at the moment. We went to many greenhouses checking on our tobacco producers. A few had minor problems but for the most part everything looked good and we should see the tobacco being set soon!

My second week was full of analyzing camp applications! Also I made alittle time to go on a few farm calls and answered a few questions. I went and bought supplies that we will need for Dirt Days next week. Things are coming together for our day camps! We have had several kids call in and register. Summer is underway here in Garrard County!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment