Monday, May 20, 2013

2 Weeks down


I am working in Taylorsville at the Spencer County Cooperative Extension office in 4-H. On my first day of work, Bryce the agriculture agent gave me a tour and we hit the ground running.  I designed our 4-H camp T-shirt, rearranged my office and met some of the people in the town.  In my first two weeks I have driven alone on the expressway, graded tractor safety tests, scored shooting sports tournament scores and taken pictures of the winners from the tournament.   I went with Mollie the 4-H agent, and Allison the FCS agent, to STAFF held in Carrolton and met up with some other interns while there. I went to Taylorsville Elementary and presented with Mollie and Tonya, the program assistant, to a group of girls scouts about compost worms.  I got to see a Pear tree with Fire Blight and I also went to the middle school and taught the kids about healthy snacks.   So far I have had a wonderful time and cannot wait for the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment