Friday, August 8, 2014

What a Great Summer!



Let me just start off with, this summer was the best summer I have ever had! I never dreamed of being able to come to work every day excited and happy for the day! I will say that every day has been a different experience, no two days were the same, but that’s the joy of this career! During these short 12 weeks I have learned so many great things and made many lifelong relationships. I have made connections with many important individuals who can support me in my future career. From workshops to farm visits, from camps to county wide farm tours, I can say I have done it all! 

Sitting here on my last day at the office, thinking about all the adventures, fun times, stressful times and memorable times all I can do is smile and feel grateful that I have had the opportunity to spend my summer with these wonderful people! 

As I think back to some of my events that I hosted or helped out with, it amazes me that we touched so many children’s lives within a short amount of time. This feeling is what makes this career so rewarding. For example, I had the opportunity to give a child their first grape! Something as simple as an everyday fruit, that we eat daily, to think someone has never tried before. I was the one to be able to show that little girl what grapes are, where they grow from and how good they are for you. This simple ‘Fruit Car’ that the kids were making changed a little girl’s life. This is a feeling I want to have in my future career, I am making a difference in someone’s life. This internship allowed me to experience what making a difference feels like! 

I want to take the time to thank; Campbell County Extension Office for allowing me to be your intern and to all the agents that I worked with, thank you for all the great learning experiences!  Thank you to UK for allowing me to have this great opportunity and a special thanks to my supervising agent, Sherri Farley! It was a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment