Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Month of August

What a month it has been! Right after we where done camping at North Central the State Fair was right around the corner. Here are a few pictures from the last day of camp.


 As soon as camp was over it was time to plan and get everything together for State Fair. My first assignment at State Fair  was to judge exhibits and display the exhibits. The first two days of fair was fun but huge learning experience! My third day of fair was checking in country hams.The car ride up their met wonderful!
After checking in the hams I ventured over to the rabbit show where I did not realize how may breeds there are. I also got time to talk to an exhibitor about how you get into showing rabbits and how to get kids involved in show rabbits in the counties. 
Right after State Fair I started doing chick incubation school enrichment programs at various locations. Also I started to plan for environmental camps and programs. 

Rounding out this month I visited one our largest 4-H Clubs. Leestown Middle is a very active club. This year they displayed a 4-H bulletin board in their school.


This summer has been a blast and I look forward to what follows the rest of the year.
  







No comments:

Post a Comment