Friday, August 9, 2013

The End Has Come...



Well folks, this is the last day of my internship here at Harrison County.  This summer has been filled with so many memories, good stories, and lots of learning opportunities!  I am definitely going to miss working with all of the people in our office and I will be stopping in for regular visits. The past couple of weeks have been a little slower than what the rest of the summer has been but it has still been pretty busy.  Gary and I have went on several farm visits to check out tobacco issues, tree problems, soybean and corn issues, as well as just going and helping local farmers out.  

There has been a meeting every night this week except for Monday so that has kept the evenings pretty busy and during the day we have had several calls about different issues with crops and going on visits.  We have also had a lot of soil samples come through the office the past couple of weeks so I have made several trips to Lexington to deliver those.  I am going to miss this job but hopefully one day I will be able to become an Agent so I can continue to help out the community. I am so thankful that I was able to work in my home county and get to know the Agents even better. I couldn't have asked for better supervising agents than what I have because I have learned so much not only about Extension but also about many things in life that shouldn't be taken for granted.

It's been a great summer, see you all at school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment