Saturday, August 3, 2013

Nearing the end -Joshua Duckworth

As I come to the last two weeks of my internship we are staying just as busy as ever, if not more. We are making rounds weekly to all of our test plots to either spray them according to their respective protocol of gathering information to see the results of earlier chemical applications. Earlier this past week we went to the research farm in Princeton, Ky to discuss plant diseases at a Field Day event hosted there.

Last week I was able to set up my summer research project in a greenhouse at the Spindletop Farm in Lexington. For this, I planted tobacco plants in 6-inch pots, one set in a high-stress environment and one in a lower-stress environment, in order to replicate the transplanting process. I applied different treatments (fungicides, water, fertilizer, etc.) to the pots and we are going to observe the effects on each tobacco plant.         

No comments:

Post a Comment