Friday, May 29, 2015

Ready for Camp!

Marion County is finally ready or 4-h camp! All of the campers have been sorted into their cabins, the teens and adults have been trained, and the leader’s folders are stuffed full. Marion County is leaving bright and early for Lake Cumberland 4-H Camp on Monday morning, I know the kids are externally excited to go and have been looking forward to camp all year. The Extension office is also extremely excited for camp.   
This week has been mostly focused on getting everything together for camp. Last night I went to Adair County with our teen leaders for the teen leader training, Marion County has some excellent teen leaders that are going to do great at camp.
 Yesterday some of the adult leaders were taught how to lead the rocketry class that Marion County is putting on at camp; the adults (and I) made and launched our own rockets using PVC pipe and a 2 liter bottle. We had a blast launching our rockets so the kids at camp with definitely enjoy themselves in the rocketry class. 
As a camper I never realized how much work went into going to camp, all I had to worry about was packing for myself. I now see that agents and volunteers have a lot more to do then just assign everyone to a cabin and I know that I haven't even seen all of the stuff that actually goes into 4-H camp. Agents and volunteers deserve a huge thank you for making sure the campers have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment