Friday, May 29, 2015

My Flip-Flops are Packed!

Camp. Camp. Camp. The first two weeks of my 4-H internship at the Clark County Extension Office has included the HUGE preparation for camp. On Monday morning, 194 campers will be loading four school buses and heading to North Central 4-H Camp. The to do list has consisted of searching for trash bags in the office for cabin boxes, stabling sheets on tobacco sticks, meeting with the camp director, inspecting the cabins, two Wal-Mart trips, holding camp training for all counselors, camp orientation for new and returning campers and their parents, and so much more. When I was a 4-Her, I never attended camp because sharing a bathroom with fifty plus girls and wearing flip-flops while showering did not appeal to the ten year old Haley. Eleven years later, my flip-flops are packed and ready for camp Monday morning. In-between camp preparation, I have also helped three 4-Hers wash and rehang their hams, cooked dinner for D-4 District Teens during their monthly meeting, and helped assign tracks to Teen Conference participants. To say we have been busy is an understatement. But, what I love about the atmosphere in the office is everyone seems willing to help each other out. Rather it be looking for tasty recipes to teach at camp or moving luggage trailers around, the other agents seem to jump right in and help wherever is necessary. I look forward to the next weeks at the Extension Office and to all of the events coming up in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment