Monday, August 1, 2016

Wrapping It Up In Harrison County

This week is my final week here at the office. I cannot believe how fast the summer has gone by. There are so many things that I have learned throughout my internship that I can apply to a future career. I have been beyond blessed to have had the opportunity to be an intern this summer. I have had many great memories with extension this summer and I hope to be an agent one day. I have come over a lot of fears and have grown from them.

Some of these fears include talking to kids. They are not as scary as they seem. I got better at talking in front of them. I experienced fair week from a different side and I was absolutely terrified about fair week. However, it went really smooth and I would love to help out again next year! I learned that extension is non stop all the time it seems like and that you are constantly bettering yourself for the community. I love the fact that everyone here at the office has so much passion behind bettering my hometown of Cynthiana.

On to my project:

My project was an over all success. The kids loved learning about terrariums and I absolutely loved teaching them. They did enter them into the county fair for some prizes. They learned about how the ecosystem works within the terrarium, along with what each component gives towards that type of environment. I gave a short PowerPoint Presentation first, followed by me doing a quick demonstration. With that demonstration I allowed the kids to tell me what went first into the jar. I hop to help out with this project in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment