Monday, August 1, 2016

12 Weeks is Already Over... How Did That Happen?

Well, this is it, the last week of my internship with Menifee County. How can 12 weeks have already passed? There is one thing I am sure of and that is this internship has been an educational experience unlike anything else! I have participated in things and met people that I will cherish forever!

My research project was a success! Finding more out about breed resistance to varroa mites will greatly help the community members of this county, as it will help the beekeepers decide which breeds to have or to cross their current hives with. While conducting the project, my knowledge of bees and bee behavior escalated significantly!

I also attended 4H camp for the first time in my life, which was a great experience! Being able to see the kids run free without a care in the world was awesome! I have helped our local farmers market numerous times. I have conducted many farm visits helping the local farmers determine problems that they are having, whether that be soil condition, pests, or diseases. I have helped conduct cloverbud camp as well as taught at a science camp. I have done countless other things, but listing them all would take too many pages. Overall, my knowledge of what extension is has grown drastically and has opened up my eyes that an extension agent needs to be a walking encyclopedia and a jack-of-all-trades!


No comments:

Post a Comment