Thursday, August 4, 2016

A Summer To Remember


I’ve been dreading writing this post for the past two weeks. Tomorrow is my last day as Boyle County’s Cooperative Extension intern. I’ve done and learned so much that it’s impossible to describe the incredible experience I’ve had this summer. From day one, there was always something to do, with several different programs, clubs and events. Some of my favorites include Babysitting Academy, community service in school clubs, teaching canning and baking at project week, Cloverbud Camp and of course regular 4-H camp. These experiences tested me and taught me new skills and showed me what I was capable of accomplishing. I learned about more opportunities that Extension has to offer the community and how I could help youth in the community. The people I’ve worked with, both in my office and other agents, have touched my heart with how loving and kind they’ve been all summer long. I cannot thank my mentor and agent, Kim Ragland, enough for all the advice, encouragement and support she has given me. At the beginning of this summer, I loved 4-H and couldn’t wait to be a 4-H agent, and that’s still true today. I still have that love for 4-H and Cooperative Extension and believe in education of our youth and this summer has only increased that. It has definitely been a summer to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment