Thursday, August 6, 2015

This is it...

Hi Everyone..

So this is my last week of the internship and I truly cannot believe that it is over. I knew this would be something I would enjoy, but I never thought that the only summer I spent working while I was in college would be my favorite summer. Interning at the Letcher County Extension Office has been one of the most exciting and fulfilling experiences of my college career. This experience has allowed me to work alongside some of the most amazing people I have ever met, people that are mindful and respectful of others and as passionate as possible. This career is what you make it, and these women and men put everything into their work and their community.

I also got to experience my county and community in a way I never thought possible. I have been living in this same county since birth and I have seen and experienced things this summer that I haven't ever before. I met new people, learned about different opportunities, and had a chance to positively influence the place that I love, Letcher county. Tomorrow my office is throwing a small staff outing to say goodbye to me, for now, and I couldn't be more grateful to everyone who made this amazing opportunity possible for me! I hope all of you have had a similar experience in this position and that you finish this internship wanting more!

Thank you!
Caitlin Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment