Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Big Finale


These last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Since my classes did not start back until August 24th, I talked to my agent and got my internship extended 2 weeks so that I could help with the State Fair. I have made two long trips to Louisville so far and have seen first hand all that goes into making the State Fair a success. Like we discussed at round up, agents are very very good at improvising, which happens a lot at state fair. Agents also have to be super organized in order to get all of the information needed for state fair entries.

Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading all summer; it is the last day of my amazing internship. While I am sad that it is coming to an end, I am so glad to have had this great opportunity with the Breathitt County Extension Office. Even though I have come from a different background being an accounting major, being a 4-H intern this summer has opened my eyes to all of the things that extension offers. While I'm not sure what's in store for my future, I hope that it has something to do with extension, whether it be an accountant in their financial department, a 4-H agent, or just a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment