Friday, August 14, 2015

My Last Day



            The dreaded day is finally here: the last day of my summer extension internship. This summer has been a great one thanks to working at the Ohio County Cooperative Extension Office. I could never have imagined what this summer would mean to me, nor how it has impacted my outlook on life. The best part about this job has without a doubt been the people I work with. I’ve known my 4-H agent and program assistant since I was a toddler and working with them has been like working with family. Over the course of the summer, I’ve also gotten closer with the other agents and office staff. They have all always been a joy to work with and have made this summer an exciting and rewarding experience. Their encouragement and support of my desire to be a 4-H agent has helped me to work hard at my job and not be afraid of reaching for my goals.  Overall, they’ve helped me to move closer towards my dream job.
I’ve always said my dream job was to be a 4-H agent, and being an intern, I have lived out a part of my dream. I knew this summer as an intern would either make or break my drive to be a 4-H agent. It has only increased my passion for the 4-H program and confirmed my desire to be a 4-H agent. Nothing this summer has been sugar-coated; my agent was honest about the difficult and sometimes tedious part of being an agent. However, these lessons haven’t dissuaded me, but they have taught me they are necessary and they help to create a gratifying job. However, the most fulfilling part of working with Cooperative Extension is seeing the effect you can make on people’s lives and the community through education. Cooperative Extension Service is a unique program that has a widespread impact on everyone it reaches. It has been an honor to work for such an organization and I hope I get the chance to again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment