Friday, August 7, 2015

EVALUATION TIME

I got my evaluation sheets from the group of students that I have been working with over the past 3-weeks, back today. I have to admit that I am very impressed and happy over the results though. Looking at the picture below you will see that I received nothing but great evaluations from the students. So I have been working with Sheila these last couple of days to keep this 3 week program going for years to come.

The first day that I worked with the students, it was about exercise and how important it is to take care of your body to prevent health issues from arising and we also talked about eating healthy.
The second day consisted of us making a meal that included every category from MyPlate, such as protein, dairy, vegetable, fruit, and grains. We cooked spaghetti and meatballs. This was an easy enough recipe that they could make at home but also a meal that satisfied some of the nutrients from MyPlate. We also made fruit smoothies and fruit milkshakes with skim milk to satisfy the dairy and fruit category. On this day we also talked about what exactly MyPlate was and went over proper basic cooking skills and hygiene in the kitchen.
The third day, we talked about the most important meal of the day, which is breakfast. This day we talked about all the benefits that having breakfast could do for you and then we cooked a breakfast meal. Our breakfast meal included a 1/2  multigrain blueberry waffle with scrambled eggs, baked turkey bacon, and a cup of milk. The students really liked making the waffles because I brought in a waffle iron for them to use which some of them had never used before.

My program was an amazing experience, being able to reach out and teach the kids something new not only about health and exercise but also about life and college was just amazing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment