Friday, August 7, 2015

Ending the week in Style

This is my last week working as a 4-H intern in extension at Shelby County and it has been very busy and fun. I started the week out with our Food-A-Rama competition and had 11 kids enter many wonderful dishes. I also got to work on putting together the cookbook from each dish we had entered in Food-A-Rama. We even put in recipes from past competitions and I cannot wait to try them out!

 Although this is my last week and will not get to go to back to school bashes and school clubs int the county, I did get to help out on making a wooden clover that can be taken to these events to promote 4-H in schools. They even let me use power tools and paint!

I also got to help out with Kids in the Kitchen on the 30th of July. At the event kids go to different stations and make different foods, learn how to wash their hands and food safety. At my station I got to show the kids how to make butter, which is very fitting since I grew up on a dairy farm.

I have say working in extension has been a great experience and I have learned so much from the wonderful staff here!

No comments:

Post a Comment