Friday, July 31, 2015

Fin


Words can’t explain how great of an experience I’ve had this summer.  I’ve met several wonderful people that are the epitome of hard workers. My final weeks consisted of creating a healthy school lunch program, kids cooking camp and Oldham County day. Kids cooking camp was a hand-on learning experience for kids and teens. We made scones, pickled relish, wheat rolls, chocolate cake, apple jelly, and biscuits. This three-day program taught them how to become proficient in the kitchen. They developed knife skills, sanitary skills, and identified potential program with a recipes. Oldham County day was an educational day for the community. We expressed the purpose of cooperative extension and advice women to become a homemaker.







I wish I had to words to express my gratitude towards extension.  I will miss this program dearly. My FCS agent Christ Duncan has been amazing and had taught me the true meaning of being a community leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment