Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time flies when you're having fun!


I can’t believe that it is my last week at the Jessamine County Extension Office! I am so sad that my internship is coming to an end, but so thankful to have had this opportunity. The past twelve weeks have been filled with such a wide variety of programs and events that have made my summer a blast!

              For my project I have put together a training for the officers for our teen council. Today is day one of my training and I am so excited for it to start. The training includes a scavenger hunt around the community, goal setting for the year, brushing up on expectations, parliamentary procedure review, Kentucky 4-H achievement program information, attending the Breakout Games in Lexington, Kentucky 4-H state board’s information, leadership building activities, and much more!

              At 9am this morning we will start our weekly Clover Dashers program. This is a program for our teen girls on healthy living. I usually teach a thirty minute lesson each week on a topic ranging from healthy eating to self-esteem, then my supervisor Cathy, leads the girls in a couch to 5K running program for the other thirty minutes. This weekly program has been a lot of fun to do this summer. It has been great to see how excited these teens are to get active especially during their summer break!

              I am sad that my internship is over after tomorrow, but hopefully this is just the start of my career in the Cooperative Extension Service! And I can’t forget, over the next year I will still be coming back to the office at least twice a month too, because I am an advisor for the teen council here. So although my internship is coming to an end, it really just means that there are new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment