Thursday, July 30, 2015

Special Project

For my special project this summer, I led a Crafts and Apps class. During this class, participants made a craft followed by an appetizer. This Crafts and Apps class was Fourth of July themed and was held at the end of June so the participants would have their craft before the holiday. The participants made a fourth of July wreath out of clothes pins and burlap ribbon. For the appetizers, the participants made fruit pizzas. We made the fruit pizzas by switching up the usual cream cheese frosting with a healthier option using yogurt. Many of the participants said that they would rather have the healthier option than the unhealthy option. In preparing for the class, I used Pinterest to find a cute craft idea. I found the clothespins wreath that looked very easy to assemble. However, I had the pleasure of spray painting over 800 clothespin in the colors red, white, and blue by myself. I am glad I did put the time into because the end product looked better than the picture. I was so pleased with how they turned out. For the appetizers, I searched the internet and found the healthier option frosting for the fruit pizzas on eatright.org. To advertise the class, I contacted the local online newspaper, I made a flyer and passed them out, spoke about the class at other programs, and used social media. We had an attendance of six individuals come to the class. Kelli allowed for me to lead the class all by myself and I really enjoyed the responsibilities. It was a great class with fun participants and I would rate my special project as a great success.




No comments:

Post a Comment