Thursday, June 25, 2015

Late Nights in Boone County

The past week and a half has been... "disjointed", I would say. The beginning of the week had me preparing for our Junior Counselor training. I planned a role playing activity so that the teens could react to situations and plan for difficulties while at camp. After this, I taught the roller coaster physics workshop that I will be doing at camp as well. The counselors enjoyed it immensely, and it was a great team building activity. The training lasted until around 8:30 PM, so I definitely got the full agent experience by being in the office from 8:00- 8:30.

I accompanied the agriculture agent to an equine field day on Tuesday. It was held in California Kentucky, and I assisted by identifying pasture weeds and speaking about them. This event lasted until 8:30 PM as well, and because of the drive I did not get home from work until 9:30 that evening. Needless to say, I was tired the next few days in the office.

This week has been much more routine, perhaps the calm before the storm of 4-H camp next week. I assisted one of the 4-H agents by picking up donated textiles at a resident's home, and I also made copies of some publications on carpet beetles, silverfish, and larder beetles. I am expecting the supplies for my project to come in any day now, and once they arrive I will be able to work on it during any sort of down time that I may have. I am doing an insect collection for the office to use when farmers or residents come in with insects to be identified. I think it will be a good tool for the office to have once I leave, and it will be an educational experience for me as I work on it.

Tonight I have the 4-H teen leadership club meeting, which I am looking forward to, and then the Boone County Farm Tour is on Saturday.

Until next week-

No comments:

Post a Comment