Monday, June 29, 2015

Camp!

As a former staff member, of course I'm dedicating one whole blog post to 4-H Camp.  Last week, Mercer and Jessamine county attended North Central 4-H camp.  Camp has ALWAYS been a major part of my summer. (13 years actually.) But this year is taking it's toll on me because for the time in all of my camping experience, I will not be camping a J.M. Feltner 4-H in London.  Last week was the first time I had ever camped at NC. And let me tell ya, they are WAY different from other.

I felt like a first year camper last week because I had absolutely no clue where anything was at that camp. I was a little hesitant about attending a camp I had never been to before, but it turned out to be not so bad after all. So my advice, go in with an open mind and it'll make for a better week.

Mercer and Jessamine have an amazing camping program and my favorite part is how well they utilize Outpost. Those campers get a totally different experience from the rest and they bond with each other so much more.

I love camp. I will always love camp no matter what camp I go to in years to come. This will be the best week of your summer, in my opinion.  💚

No comments:

Post a Comment