Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week One!

Hello!


I hope everyone is enjoying his or her first few days of work! I'm updating this blog from Meade County, where I am serving as an intern this summer. I have discovered that I will be participating in a number of amazing projects, and I thought my first post should be about what you can expect from me this summer. I will be spending most of my time working with the FCS agent Jennifer Bridge. Our first project will be doing Plate It Up demos at the local farmer's market every Tuesday throughout the summer. We will also be conducting a family nutrition series at a local church during the months of June. I will be assisting with a six-week diabetes education program as well. There will be many smaller projects like HBM courses and FNEP lessons that I will be assisting with. However, I am most excited about my special project. I follow a plant-based diet and love sharing my recipes with others. My agent has agreed to let me conduct a two-week plant-based nutrition series.  Though the idea is still in the beginning stages, I will explain what a plant-based diet consists of, demonstrate the preparation of a healthy plant-based meal, and encourage my audience to incorporate more local fruits and vegetables into their diet. This project will enable me to incorporate Plate It Up recipes and promote the consumption of produce from the Meade County Farmer's Market all while discussing something I am passionate about. I am beyond excited to see what this summer has in store! I look forward to learning more about everyone's time as an intern!


Sydney Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment