Friday, May 22, 2015

Week 1 Intern

Week 1

                My first week as an extension intern has quickly flown by. Monday was my first day as an intern at the Franklin County Extension Office I was quickly emerged into a project which had previously been implemented. That day I was fortunate enough to be able to work with the students from the Academy and educate the importance of nutrition. We allowed students to cook their own food, while learning about the nutritional value of certain food.   
               My second day I spent most of my day in the office and then that night attended a horse show meeting which was held at the Jessamine County Extension office. Throughout the meeting I corrected and recorded entries for the upcoming horse show. Wednesday I was able to participate in a project held at Collins Lane Elementary. As a team we taught students about economics by allowing them to participate in Lemonade Wars. Through this experience the students were able to see the process of marketing and the steps of creating a business plan. Students were able to create their own lemonade stand business and create their own business plan to sell their product. 
               Thursday our team attended the University of Kentucky Appreciation Day. Last but not least Friday I spent all day at the office planning for upcoming student and community events. Although this week has gone by fast I have quickly realized the time and the effort that goes into to being a 4-H extension agent. Can’t wait to see what next week has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment